How Much do Hair Extensions Cost?
A lot of ladies have asked us lately how much would different types of hair extensions cost. So this article aims to provide an in-depth answer.
It’s very common for women to seek a general transformation for different events, and changing their hairstyle is one of the many little tricks they use to change their looks. Usually, they will look to have long hair at sophisticated night events but some may even try this change for their partner or when they try to impress someone.
There are also women that will get hair extensions because they simply love the length and volume they’ll instantly get for their hair. You don’t have to be a celebrity to afford hair extensions.
How Much are Hair Extensions?
When it comes to hair extensions, the national average cost you should expect will be somewhere in the range of $200 to $600. Tape-in hair and clip-in products will be found on the lower end, with prices between $120 and $220, while extensions that are professionally glued-in will be on the higher end, with prices between $600 and $3,300. These more expensive types will likely be cold-fusion, full-head, and extra-long, permanent extensions, that are made from natural hair.
Hair Extensions Cost
|National Average Cost||$300|
|Average Range||$200 to $700|
Depending on your financial capability, you can opt for different types of hair extensions, different salons, or added services and facilities, to get the exact hairstyle you want and can afford.
If you’re looking for something cheap, usually a neighborhood self-operated salon should be a lot cheaper than any of the height street, well-known salons. That doesn’t mean you won’t find an affordable place to get hair extensions while visiting some of the top names in the industry, where you could even get a full package of beauty treatment services, at a great discount.
You might also like our articles on the cost of real hair wigs, DreamCatchers extensions, or hair highlights.
If you want to cut down the costs, you could just buy a clip in hair extensions kit and clip it yourself, because the process is really simple and it usually doesn’t require you to go to a salon. If you get your own kit and clip the hair extensions yourself, you can reuse them as many times as you want, to give your hair some volume and length whenever you need to.
If you want hair extensions that can’t be seen, there’s always the option of getting hot fusion or bonding hair extensions, which will cost at least $300 but will require you to go to a professional salon, where they’ll use hot glue to fuse or bond those hair extensions to your natural hair. If you take care of your hair properly, these professional hair extensions could last as long as 4 months.
If you want to protect your hair from hot fusion and you have a bigger budget, you could always opt for cold fusion, a new and way more expensive technique, that will be more gentle to your hair but could cost as much as $1,500 to $3,300 at a professional salon. This process can last as long as 6 months and will use the properties of the keratin-based polymer to attach the extension to your hair root.
Expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,200 if you want the braiding of the hair extensions and you want to get natural hair partially or completely.
Hair Extensions Prices By Type
The cost of hair extensions will range between $100 and $3,000 depending on whether you opt for high-quality semi-permanent extensions that are glued in at a salon professionally or buy clip-in extensions that you can put in your own hair at home. According to professional stylists, you should try to match the amount of hair you add with the density of hair you currently have. Also try to match the hair color as best as you can.
- Micro-bead extensions – $220+. These work best with thinner hair. They are known to last between 2 and 6 months. Their pros are that they are lightweight and very long-lasting. They will also cause no damage to your hair. Among their cons is the additional care required through styling and maintenance appointments, usually required every one to two months.
- Bonded extensions range between $1,700 to $3,300. Cold-fusion bonds are known to be deluxe services and the most extensive of all extensions. It is suitable for all types of hair and is likely to last between 3 and 6 months. It is also very durable. As long as you don’t apply them using heat, they will cause very little damage to your hair. Their main con is that they will require maintenance appointments each month to keep them in their best shape.
- Glued-in extensions – $320 to $550. These are intended for people with medium to thick hair types. They are known to last between 4 and 8 weeks and the bonds are likely to blend perfectly with your hair. Their downside is that they will have to be removed from your hair using acetone products, which will weaken your hair.
- Fusion hair extensions – $230 to $1,200. These are suitable for all kinds of hairs and are known to last for 3 months or more. On the upside, these bonds will be pretty much invisible in the hair. On the downside, you can cause significant hair weakening and damage if you remove them improperly.
- Real hair weave – $100 to $600. These weaves work best with thicker hair and can last up to 8 weeks. On the upside, human hair extensions are very strong and look natural, staying in your hair pretty well. On the downside, they might be painful when they are first attached to braids, being likely to irritate your scalp. Over time, they might also cause hair breakage.
- Sew-in extensions – $275+. These last between 2 and 6 weeks and work best with thicker hair. Their biggest pros are their reduced price and the fact that they won’t require heat or anything else that might damage your hair tips. The bad part is that they might add tension to your scalp that can make your natural hair break over time.
- Tape-in hair extensions – $220+. These synthetic hair extensions are likely to last between 6 and 8 weeks and will work best with medium to thick hair. These are very quick to attack and their lays will likely flat against the head. making them easily concealable. On the downside, they will be hard to remove, most likely leaving sticky residue behind. They can also tangle pretty easily.
- Clip-in hair extensions – $120 to $550 depending on the quality of hair. These can last for even one year or more as long as you don’t wear them continuously. They are best for medium to thick hair. These are the easiest ones to put on and remove. Can be used from time to time without damaging the way in which your hair grows. On the downside, they might clip out while you are wearing them if you get a cheap kit.
Hair Extensions Price List
|Bonded||$1,700 to $3,300|
|Clip-in||$120 to $550|
|Fusion||$230 to $1,200|
|Glued-in||$320 to $550|
|Weave||$120 to $640|
Hair extensions are very popular because they give length and volume to your hair, things that could take months or more to be created naturally. In the end, the final cost will depend on the type of extension you get, your preferred style, the amount of hair required, the length, and the technique used to add the extensions. Usually, bigger salons will charge more, but you will get services accordingly.
If you don’t have time to go to a salon, you can book a mobile hairstylist, that will come to your house and offer you their services in the comfort of your home, but remember that these people will charge more, to pay for their travel expenses.
Always ask about the price, BEFORE booking a service, because some salons are really expensive. If you don’t have a lot of money, get yourself a hair extension kit from a specialized shop or even from the internet and clip them yourself or with the help of a friend, at home.
So how about our average Jane? Would she afford hair extensions? And would it be a good choice to get them?
Hair extensions are great for any girl that needs a confidence boost, has a big event coming, or is trying to look better for someone. You don`t need a lot of money to get extensions and they will make you feel a lot better about yourself. We encourage any woman that wants longer hair to get hair extensions and if money is an issue, just get a $20 kit and start playing with it.
For men, there’s always Bosley surgery, to cover all their bold spots and give a healthier look to their hair.
For those people that think they will have problems with clipping extensions to their hair, here’s a tutorial video:
- Flame Broiler Menu Prices - June 6, 2023
- How Much Does it Cost to Clean Out a House? - June 6, 2023
- Shervin Mirhashemi’s Net Worth - June 5, 2023
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!