Aesthetic medicine is an area that has evolved significantly in recent years, even to the point of finding beneficial roles for body fat. The BeautiFill procedure is also based on the method of lipofilling, whereby body fat is sucked from the abdomen or thighs, being processed and injected into the aging areas of the face, characterized by lack of volume. This is a procedure used for several years in the United States and introduced all around the world because of its efficiency.
BeautiFill is a procedure designed especially for people over the age of 35 because with the aging process, but also with the influence of internal and external factors, the skin also goes through a process of absorption of fat cushions. This leads to an aging and tired face.
The procedure takes place under local anesthesia. Once this has been done, a small incision will be made through which the necessary amount is drawn. The extraction shall be carried out in such a way that the incision traces are minimal.
After this stage of the procedure, the fat processing stage is passed. More specifically, this is the time when it is centrifuged and purified, so that insertion is made as easy as possible.
The next step is to inject the fat and distribute it evenly in places that require filling.
The procedure takes about 60 to 90 minutes and does not require hospitalization. Allergic reactions are excluded, and patients can resume their usual activities one week after surgery.
Where can BeautiFill be used?
BeautiFill addresses all facial or body areas that require excess volume, producing safe, long-lasting, and natural-looking results. The technique involves using your own fat to fill an area that needs extra volume. Fat is removed from other areas, rich in fat, such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arms, buttocks, and male chest, and it is processed and reinjected using very fine special cannulas, like a slightly thicker needle.
The same technique is practiced for other areas of the body such as:
- Correction of scars;
- Breast contour correction after breast augmentation surgery with implant, in a very weak patient to whom the edges of the implant can be palpated;
- Augmentation of the buttocks area;
- Liposculpture in any area of the body.
How much does BeautiFill cost?
The cost of a BeautiFill procedure, with its own fat transfer, usually includes:
- Pre-operative consultation;
- Digital analysis;
- Postoperative checks.
The average price of a BeautiFill procedure is around $4,600. The price of a fat transfer procedure varies especially due to one’s personal needs and preferences, but also to location, and the doctor’s skills and experience.
Fat transfer breast augmentation: For a natural look you can pay around $6,400 to $8,000, but depending on the factors mentioned above the cost can range from $3,500 up to $15,500.
Brazilian butt lift: For this procedure, the cost goes between $7,100 and $11,500. This procedure’s cost depends on how much fat the patient is going to have removed. Some patients may require to have more fat removed than what is needed for the procedure.
Facial fat transfer: Depending on what areas to how many you want the fat to be transferred to, the price can go from $2,600 to $7,200. These areas may be the following:
- Facial depressions
- Mouth lines
- Forehead lines
- Cheeks/cheek folds
- Thinning lips
For example, BeautiFill in Kansas City is done by Dr. Craig Schwartz, who is a triple-board certified surgeon. He works at Premier Vein & Body, where, among other types of procedures he also uses the BeautiFill fat transfer system. Here the costs for such a procedure vary from $2,000 up to $8,000, depending on the areas you want to work on and how much fat will be removed.
When should you consider BeautiFill?
- If you have wrinkled and lowered facial areas;
- If you want a more permanent correction than what temporary fillers can offer you;
- If you want to improve the contour of your body, restore certain scars, fill up gaps in your body, and want a rejuvenation of the face and hands;
- In breast reconstruction to fill irregularities in the contour or hide visible signs of breast implants.
What are the pros and cons of BeautiFill?
- Your own fat, as opposed to dermal fillers, replaces and reduces the chance of developing an allergic reaction to foreign substances.
- The results after such a procedure are natural, surreal, and much safer.
- Lipofilling is a non-invasive method to obtain facial rejuvenation.
- This fat needs to be stored and prepared before it is injected, which is why pre-packaged dermal fillers are much easier to use.
- Although it is a method with longer results than dermal fillers, it is more expensive.
- In the case of augmentation, it takes several sessions to get the desired breasts or buttocks.