Fractional mesotherapy or medical microneedling is a modern, minimally invasive treatment that aims to stimulate the synthesis of collagen fibers in the skin. The treatment is based on the use of an automatic device with microneedles that will penetrate the layers of the skin (dermis and epidermis) in a controlled way, without producing side effects.
The depth of the treatment can be adjusted depending on the skin type and the problem treated so the depth can vary between 0.5 and 2.5 mm, due to the vibration of the microinjector the unpleasant pain sensation is reduced to a minimum, Microneedling treatment being safe and effective. The Fractional Mesotherapy Device performs thousands of controlled micro-stings in the mesoderm (middle layer of the skin) having a strong rejuvenating and nourishing effect on collagen and elastin fibers, both by mechanical action and by introducing active substances directly into the deep layers of the skin. skin through the channels created. Recovery is fast, and the results are comparable to those of laser treatments.
The treatment can be applied to more sensitive areas (eye, nose, and lip contour). Microneedling therapy is recommended for all skin types and can be used on various parts of the body: face, neck, low-cut neck, hands, area with stretch marks, scars, skin without tone, area with cellulite.
Microneedling therapy has a double action:
- through the perforation action, the mechanism of self-restoration of the organism is triggered by the formation of new collagen structures and healing of micro-perforations. This means that the appearance of the skin will continuously improve for several months, with the formation of new collagen.
- by introducing the active substances such as vitamins (B5, E, A, C) amino acids, antioxidants, trace elements (Ca, Cr, Mg, etc.), alpha-hydroxy acids wrapped in a suspension of hyaluronic acid into the deep layers of the skin through the channels created. They have the role of recovery, nourishing the tissues, increasing the effectiveness of the treatment.
The indications for microneedling collagen induction are very varied:
- post-acne scars;
- post-burn scars;
- post-surgical scars;
- post-chickenpox scars dilated pores;
- fine wrinkles;
- stretch marks;
- melasma or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation;
Microneedling – is a therapy to be used to solve the following problems:
- lack of tissue tone and firmness reduction of fine and medium expression wrinkles;
- amelioration of keloid. post-acne, post-chickenpox scars
- hyperpigmented attenuation/elimination, spots caused by sun exposure;
- amelioration/elimination of stretch marks (depending on their age);
- reducing the size of dilated pores / oily skin
- stimulating hair growth
- improves skin quality and texture
- rejuvenation of aged and photo-aged skin,
- lifting, rejuvenation, toning
Working protocol – approx. 60 min
- Make-up removal and skin cleansing microdermabrasion or skin scrubber to clean the superficial states of the dermis application of anesthetic to reduce discomfort (if necessary).
- After which it is left to act, the area to be treated is disinfected.
- establishing the needle penetration depth for each treatment area effective procedure for penetrating the skin to stimulate and nourish it with active substances to stimulate the production of its own collagen and active substances depending on specific problems, using sterile medical substances Mediderma-Sesderma
- After treatment, a mask is applied for maximum penetration of the active ingredients as well as for calming and relaxing the skin.
- LED photon mask – increases the production of natural collagen, accelerates circulation in the facial epidermis, treats existing acne, and kills the bacteria that causes and maintains it.
- Final cream with protection and recovery factor
How many treatments are needed and how often can it be repeated?
Microneedling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks until you get the results you want. To induce collagen and increase skin firmness, we recommend starting with 3 treatments, but with a minimum separation time of 4 weeks between treatments. For scars, an average of 3 to 6 treatments is recommended. The number of treatments needed will depend on how each individual responds to the treatment. Most people will begin to see results after the first session.
Risks of post-op infections?
Given that micro-stings close in about 2 hours, and provided that the treatment is done in clinical conditions, with disposable needles and sterile solutions, post-operative infections are unlikely.
- Isotretinoin Treatments – Accutane in the last three months
- Open wounds, cuts, or scratches on the skin
- Skin radiotherapy in the last year
- Various skin infections, infectious / influenza condition,
- Herpes simplex in the area to be treated
- Period of pregnancy or lactation
- History of keloid or hypertrophic scars or delayed healing of various lesions
How Much would you have to pay for Microneedling?
The cost of the microneedling varies depending on the place you live and the size of the treated area. For example, Sarah pays $875 for a package of four treatment sessions at a medspa in Ohio. You can find much higher prices in Chicago and New York, $700 per treatment
DIY Microneedling: a cheaper solution?
If you do not want to pay $100 or more for an in-office treatment there are some products designed to allow you to perform microneedling on yourself at home. These DIY derma rollers are typically available for about $30 to $200. But you should not expect the same results you would get in an office setting. The needles on these devices are flatter and therefore their ability to stimulate collagen production is reduced.
If you decide to choose this solution, then you should apply direct pressure while rolling the device in multiple directions around your face. Be sure to clean the tool thoroughly — not doing so can result in infection and follow the cleaning instructions specific to your device.
After all, almost anyone can afford a microneedling treatment as long as you can do it in the comfort of your own home at a lower price, not only at a specialized salon.