First Off: What is Magic-Cube Projection Keyboard?
For those of you that don`t know this yet, Magic Cube Projection Keyboard is a virtual keyboard bundled with a multi-touch mouse. It is a compact, ultraportable device, rooted in science fiction movies, uses laser technology to project on any flat surface a standard-sized QWERTY model.
You can use it through USB – on your PC or through Bluetooth –on the phone/tablet. This gadget is on the market for some time, but I noticed that it isn’t very popular. It seems that the main problem is the price. Magic Cube costs $180.
Magic Cube is an ingenious gadget, an innovation in data entry devices for mobiles / wireless devices and it can be used as a keyboard or a touchpad equivalent – a virtual keyboard bundled with a multi-touch mouse -for computers without too much space, laptops, PDAs, mobile phones, graphics tablets.
How does it work?
It can be connected via Bluetooth or USB cable to any of the above-mentioned devices.
Check Out The Price Of Another Great Laser Projected Keyboard, The iKeybo
The laser projector projects a QWERTY keyboard on any flat surface. The combination of laser – infrared allows the sensor to detect the area with the finger (s) and thus allows the use of either keyboard or mouse as multi-touch.
Magic Cube uses the technology of electronic perception to capture finger movements’ from the projection surface. Keystrokes are recognized and transmitted by an invisible infrared layer combined with an optical sensor. It detects up to 400 characters per minute. Due to the lack of physical buttons, the use of Magic Cube is comfortable. Depending on user preferences the sensitivity on motion and brightness can be adjusted. It has a Lithium-Ion battery and is charged via USB.
How can it help you?
A standard-size QWERTY keyboard compacted in 38 x 75 x 29mm and weighing 200g, which will make your life much easier when you use your favorite I Device. Magic Cube can turn into an avant-garde mouse with a simple command, based on the same technology of recognition of movements, from the spectrum laser frame emitted by the device. It fits easily into a pocket, so it’s easy to take it with you.
- The device is light, very small and portable;
- It is composed of moving parts;
- Uses laser technology to project on any flat surface a standard-sized QWERTY model;
- Position and finger movements are notified by a complex electronic system that combines laser beams with infrared sensor, ensuring accuracy in data entry;
- Depending on the environment in which keyboard is used and the user’s needs, can be adjusted the sensitivity to motion and brightness level;
- Weight: 200 g.
Are You More of A Traditional Notebook Person? Then Check Out The Everlast Notebook
- Compatibility: iPhone 3GS / 4, HTC or any other model of smart-phone, iPad (iOS4), Blackberry or Android tablets, Windows Phone 7, Windows XP / Vista / 7, Mac OS;
- Interface: Bluetooth HID and USB 2.0;
- Keyboard Layout: 19mm, layout QWERTY;
- Dimensions: 38 x 75 x 29 mm;
- Detects up to 400 characters per minute in “typing” and through a combination of keys can turn into multi-touch mouse;
- Operation area: almost all flat surfaces, opaque;
- Battery life: about 150 minutes, 700mAh built-in rechargeable battery.
The package contains:
For Other Interesting Gadgets, Check Out Our Tech Category
- Keyboard Magic Cube;
- USB cable for power supply;
- Instruction manual
It seems like yesterday we were watching the captivating TV series, Star Trek. It’s always good to know that … the future starts today!