The sun, sand, and water make an ideal combination for the perfect vacationing spot. Maui is one of the best places to go for a vacation if you are looking to rest, spend some time on the beach, and enjoy your days. Lying in the heart of Hawaii, Maui is known for its lushness and clear waters. It is one of the most preferred spots for vacationing, so how much does a trip to Maui cost?
There are many things that you must consider when planning your trip to this island in order to budget properly. The main aspects you need to consider to get an idea about the final cost are:
- How many days you would like to spend in the city
- What mode of transportation you would like to use
- How much you are willing to spend (is it a luxury vacation or a budget one?)
- Which season you are planning to visit in
- What your dining preferences are
Once you have made these decisions, you can safely plan and budget your vacation.
This is probably the most expensive part of your trip. The rates of flights go up or down according to the seasons. There are many flights that offer good rates, but the amount will depend on when you are traveling. Comparing flight rates before locking down one airline would be a good way to start. An approximation of the flight rates that you may come across is as follows:
- Traveling from the East Coast, the rates would be somewhere between $575 and $1200
- Traveling from the West Coast, the rates would be somewhere between $475 and $750
If You Want To Visit Another Part of Hawaii, Then Here’s An Article About The Cost of a Trip to Hawaii
Your accommodation choice will determine the amount of money you will be spending on it. Choices between a luxury hotel, a 2-star one, and anything in between will be available, each coming with a different cost. Even if you decide to go to a four-star hotel, you will be given a minimum price of accommodation to a maximum one. The difference between the two will be determined by the type of room you opt for and the hotel facilities that you are willing to use. The average cost for hotels is:
- Cheaper options: $100-200 per day
- Mid-range options: $200-400 per day
- Luxury options: $500-800 per day
Most people prefer to rent a car when traveling to Maui. It allows them to go sightseeing more easily. The destinations that you may want to visit there may require a car as it is easier to travel that way. Even though other modes of transportation are also available, it generally depends on your preference and budget. A general estimate of transportation is:
- Car rental: $40 per day
- Other modes of transportation: $28.20 per day
Want to Travel to Europe? Here’s What to Expect in Terms of Price for a Trip to Paris
A little research on the type of food Maui has to offer will help you determine the restaurants available for you to eat from and their prices. Depending on how lavishly you would like to spend on your dining, you can decide the type of restaurants that are best suited for your appetite and wallet.
- Breakfasts would cost between $15 and $20
- Lunches would cost between $15 and $25
- Dinners would cost between $30 and $50
Example of a Budget for a One-Week Vacation for One Couple
Adding the above costs will give you a rough estimate of the total cost of your trip. It can be determined as follows (we will be choosing the average amount of cost in each category, assuming the trip’s length is 7 days):
- Flights: $750 per person x 2 people = $1,500
- Accommodations: $367 x 7 days = $2,569
- Transportation: $34.1 per day x 7 days = $238.7
- Dining (adding the smallest price for three meals per day): $25.83 for all three meals x 7 days = $180.81
Adding up the above figures will give a total cost of $4,488.51 for the trip.
Other Costs You Might Encounter
Remember To Get Travel Insurance When Traveling for Longer Periods of Time or Going Abroad.
Some additional costs that you might also witness are:
- Activity costs
- Shopping costs
- Various fees
Should the average working Joe visit Maui?
With the right budgeting and a lot of research, you can find the perfect combinations of food, transportation, and accommodation to travel to Maui on a budget. If it’s a beach and relaxation time you’re looking for, then going to the heart of Hawaii is a great idea.