Window tinting can add an aesthetic touch, whether it is on your home window, office glass, or car windows. Usually, the windows with too much glare or the ones letting too much sun in are chosen for tinting. It also gives extra protection and strength to your windows. Car window tinting is more popular than home windows but they both have the same benefits. The cost of home window tinting is lower than car window tinting. You can also apply the tint by yourself but will need expert knowledge and the necessary tools to do so.
There are many factors that determine the cost one might get for window tinting. The window tinting cost may vary from $100 to $400 or more, depending on the quality of materials and type of service provider. Let’s have a look at the factors that determine the cost of window tinting.
- The type of tinting film used is an important cost determining factor. There are various types of tinting films available with a vast price range, though the more you pay, the better will be the quality. Apparently, they are all same but with the time you’ll start to notice problems like bubbling in the film. So, if you have a low budget, still choose the best you can get in your budget range.
- Performance warranty can be one of the best ways for you to make sure you are getting your money’s worth. Some shops provide a lifelong warranty while some will only be able to give you a few years’ worth of warranty. The price may also vary with the warranty duration. While paying for a lifelong warranty make sure that the shop is known and in business for long. If a business gets wind up after a few years, you have no one to use the warranty with. This means that it will be a waste of money to pay high rates for unreliable warranty. Also, there are varieties of warranty. Some cover only bubbling, glazing, cracking, and peeling, while there are a few special ones like color-safe warranty and transferable warranty in case you sell your car.
- Who you choose to work with is also very important. Some unknown roadside shops may give you extremely low rates for the service, but then it has its own risks. A good and well-reputed shop may cost you a bit more but it assures you of high quality and long-lasting work. The well-reputed shops will make sure to provide you with the best material and customer service. You always get what you pay for, so don’t go too low in paying if you want to get a good quality service.
- The type of window also determines the cost of tinting. Large or steep windows will obviously cost more.
- If it is about car windows tinting, then the car model is an important factor. Every car has a different tint requirement according to its maker. A good tint shop agent will always ask you about your car model first to determine how big the job is going to be and how much it will cost. Cars with higher surface areas require more window film than others.
Need To Replace Your Windshield? This is The Price You Should Expect
Never buy home tint from some bargain price sale as it has a larger chance that the tint film will be of low quality.
Window tint will help your home stay cool in hot weather by blocking direct sun heat coming with the rays. By reducing the heat in your house, window tint will also help to lower your electricity bills, the hotter your house is, the more your AC has to use energy, which will drive the electricity costs up. A cooler home will help the AC consume less amount of electricity, hence saving energy. The tint will also protect you from harmful rays coming with direct sunlight. Direct sunlight can also damage your furniture. It may fade the color of the fabric and damage the material. Window tint can save you from all this damage.
Privacy is another great advantage. Whether it is your office or home, or your vehicle, tinted windows will bring you privacy. You can enjoy the outside scenes and yet no one can see you. You may walk around dressed however you want or do whatever you like without the distress of being watched by others. You have it all private. It also protects you from burglars who scope out at a house before intruding.
At the end, the decorative touch is always there. Window tinting gives an aesthetic touch to your exterior. It not only increases the beauty of the house but also its value in case you need to sell it in the future.
The cooling effect of window tint in summer may have opposite effects in the cold season by decreasing temperature in your house. Another disadvantage is that it provides higher visibility from outside at night time if your lights are on.
This is The Price to Paint a Car
Choosing the Right One
In order to choose the right window tint, you need to keep the following things in mind while making your choice:
- Set your priority. What is your goal to be achieved through window tinting? Whether you want to save money on energy or need to add some privacy.
- The budget is the most important. How much can you spend on window tinting, and what quality can you get in your budget?
- The decorative aspect may or may not be important for you, but is something to take into account.
After the windows are being tinted, give them a couple of days to dry before cleaning them. After the first few days of tinting, you may see your windows go hazy or cloudy. But it is normal and nothing to be worried about. Cleaning the tinted windows is a crucial task. Never use harsh chemicals to clean them, like ammonia. They can damage the film, fade the color, or even can peel it. Use a dishwashing soap instead. Don’t use scrubby pads or newspapers to clean them. Try to clean them in the evening when there is no direct sunlight. Let the window cool off and then clean it.