Opened in 1992 in Hamilton, New Jersey, Grounds for Sculpture is an exquisite museum, with an impressive garden with over 300 sculptures across 42 acres of outstanding landscapes.
Besides the cultural and artistic events, Grounds for Sculpture can also provide rental facilities with beautiful surroundings for a wedding event.
How Much Does a Grounds for Sculpture Wedding Cost?
The cost range of a wedding at Grounds for Sculpture can be as little as $750 to as much as $7,500 or more. The final bill will greatly vary depending on the location, the number of guests, and whether the event is in peak season or not.
As stated above, depending on the number of guests you want to invite, the cost will vary, and there are different rental settings based on the attendant capacity needs.
For instance, renting the Steward Johnson Center For the Arts, a beautiful museum setting for a wedding of 250 guests, may cost anywhere from $2,100 up to $7,500. The cost only includes the rental fee and can be influenced by the number of guests and the event period.
The West Lounge, a smaller but intimate venue perfect for a wedding of around 40 guests, may cost somewhere from $1,500 to $2,700.
The Grounds of Sculpures also provides the possibility to have an outdoor wedding, between those exquisite sculptures. The rental cost for this venue will be around $1,500 and can host a number of 300 guests.
Besides the rental fee, you may want to consider the costs of the catering setup at the Grounds for Sculpture. The Rat’s Restaurant, a Zagat-rated luxurious dining space, offers delicious dishes and different serving options.
For instance, the cost per guest for the food station will be around $100, and for the main course, the hors d’oeuvre, around $20.
Depending on which kind of food service the soon-to-be-married couple will choose, the option of a single-plated meal will be around $150 per guest. While a buffet setup may be around $100 per guest.
These costs are an average estimation, and they can vary depending on the type of food that you choose, the number of guests, and the time of the year.
When it comes to beverages and drinks, the Rat’s Restaurant, the partner of the Grounds for Sculpture, provides different service options. The cost of hiring a bartender, who can entertain up to 60 guests, can be around $205. Depending on how many guests you will invite, the number of bartenders will have to increase. For example, if you have 300 guests, you will need to hire a minimum of five bartenders to serve, and the cost will be around $1,025.
The cocktail service costs can also be influenced by the number of drinks that will be served and the type of drinks, as well.
According to online sources, the rental costs at the Grounds for Sculpture depend on the venue and period. The table below should give you a better understanding of what this means:
|West Gallery & East Gallery||
According to Zola.com, the cost of a wedding of 200 guests at Grounds for Sculpture, can be around $20,500 in off-peak season and $35,800 in full-season. Keep in mind that the costs will vary depending on the rented location fee, food services, and cocktail services, as well.
NewJerseyBride.com stated that the cost range per guest for a wedding at the main reception at the Steward Johnson Center for the Arts and Grounds for Sculpture will be anywhere from $85 to $170.
Wedding at the Grounds for Sculpture, NJ overview
The Grounds for Sculpture is one of the most popular locations in New Jersey for a wedding venue and ceremony. Several exquisite venues with high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows will offer an unforgettable view of the outdoor sculptures and landscape, such as:
- West Gallery – The West Gallery is one of the Grounds for Sculpture’s venues, of 3,300 square feet with a capacity of 80 seated guests with a dance floor, 120 seated guests without a dance floor, or 150 guests with a dance floor and limited seats. The venue is spacious and airy, with an outdoor terrace that gives you an outstanding view across the park’s views.
- East Gallery – The East Gallery has 5,200 square feet, with a capacity of 350 seated guests with a dance floor or 400 seated guests without a dance floor. This spacious venue with large windows offers an impressive view over the ”secret hedge rooms”.
- The Nine Muses – The Nine Muses is the most popular wedding ceremony venue of the Grounds for Sculpture and has a capacity of 350 seated guests. A beautiful park with contemporary granite and stone sculptures, a lotus water moat, and a wall of towering arborvitae, that gives an air of intimacy.
- Toad Hall – Toad Hall, Grounds for Sculpture venues, is a small space for 30 to 50 seated guests, that has a private bar and lounge, with a working fireplace.
- The Board Room, Orientation Room, and Auditorium – These venues are for more private small intimate weddings, that can attend from 30 to 100 seated guests.
Grounds for Sculpture offers outstanding and delicious catering services through its partnership with Constellation Culinary Group. Its award-winning menu options are a delicacy and can be customized according to your preferences. Also, they provide cocktail and bar menu options, for a long-lasting and fun event, which can also be customized.
The Zagat-rated Rat’s Restaurant, a French-based cuisine, is stated to be one of the most romantic restaurants in the area. The ambiance and perfect serving services complete the divine food.
Important things about this wedding venue
Renting a venue at the Grounds for Sculpture will also include a dance floor and a one-year membership.
All the venues provide a sound system whether you choose to have the wedding indoors or outdoors.
Grounds for Sculpture can provide catering services with various menu options, but you can also choose to hire another caterer. Take into consideration that they have a list of approved caterers from which to choose, talk to the manager about this aspect.
Typically, the rental period is 5 hours, but can be extended for an extra fee.
Also, with the rental of one of the venues for your wedding, guests are allowed to visit the Grounds of Sculpture before the event, for free. Typically, the time frame for public visiting is between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., from Tuesday to Sunday.
Grounds for Sculpture provides handicap access at all of its locations and parks.
Before choosing to attend your wedding at the Grounds for Sculpture, look on WeddingWire.com to see what other brides and grooms experienced in this location.
Extra costs you may want to consider
You may choose to offer your guests a cocktail bar set up, for a more entertaining and lasting event. For a deluxe cocktail bar, you may expect to pay around $190 per guest, while the luxurious bar can cost up to $205 per attendant.
An extra cost will be the wedding venue decorations, such as flowers, candles, and other supplies, as well as a bridal room, if you will need one.
- How Much Does a Wheaten Terrier Cost? - November 27, 2023
- How Much Does a Rumson Country Club Membership Cost? - November 27, 2023
- How Much Does It Cost To Return A Uhaul At A Different Location? - November 27, 2023