A lot of people find acrylic nails a great way to have beautiful, long nails, without dealing with the possibility of them breaking. The downside to these types of nails is that they can be rather expensive to maintain. If at any point you find you don’t want to keep them anymore, the cost of acrylic nail removal is nothing to ignore.
Expect an average cost for the removal of acrylic nails to be between $10 and $35, depending on whether you go to a salon or do it at home and on the exact method you use for the process.
This cost will, of course, depend on several factors, like the experience of the professional and your location, when going to a salon.
The prices are pretty straightforward when you want to remove your acrylic nails at home. Doing this yourself will be cheaper, although it will be more time-consuming for you, especially if you don’t have the needed experience.
Although a lot of salons will choose to use chemical remover to help you get rid of your acrylic nails, the most common method is still removal using a nail file.
The costs will be even higher if you have nails with a damaged bed or if for some reason, the nails are particularly hard to remove.
What Will You Need to Remove Acrylic Nails?
Although it is pretty daunting to remove acrylic nails, you can still do it without too much effort as long as you have the necessary experience and the right tools. Here’s what you need to remove your acrylic nails:
|$10 – $30
|$10 – $25
|$8 – $65
|$8 – $20
|$4 – &12
Are there salons that take off acrylics for free?
A lot of people will resort to salons when they want to have their nails done professionally.
Most nail salons will offer a plethora of services, one of the most popular being the removal of acrylic nails.
There are a handful of salons that will remove the acrylic nails done by them if you’re not satisfied with the results.
It is a great way of cutting down the cost of removal while still having a professional do the task, although due to the complexity of the job.
Can you painlessly remove acrylic nails?
Yes, although the process can take about 10 to 15 minutes. To do this, you will have to soak your nails in acetone. As soon as they are soaked, with the help of clippers, you can just clip the acrylic away as much as you can.
The acetone will act on the rubber, dissolving it to the point that you get to work on the nail bed without too much difficulty.
Once you get to the point that your nails are very close to their natural look, with the help of a cuticle pusher you can just push them back. Acrylic nails that have been in place for longer than a week will usually be easier to remove.
How do salons remove acrylic nails?
There are different ways in which a nail shop will remove your acrylic nails.
- The most common method is using a file to file down the acrylic nails until they are flush with the nail bed. This is a process that will damage the natural nail the least, although it can become pretty time-consuming, depending on your individual case.
- The second method will be by soaking the nails in an acetone solution. This is meant to dissolve the adhesive that keeps the nail in its place. When they are soaked enough, they will be gently removed by taking them off the fingertips.
How long does it take to remove acrylic nails?
Depending on the method you choose, removing acrylic nails can become a pretty long process.
- Going for the file-down method will usually take you anywhere between 30 and 90 minutes to do the job properly.
- Using an acetone-based solution on the other hand will take roughly 15 minutes to an hour to complete, depending on the adhesive that was used. Keep in mind that you should stay away from water until this process is completed because water can cause acetone to vaporize, irritating both your eyes and your lungs.
Remove acrylic nails at home
Now how would you go about removing your acrylic nails at home? Well, first off, consider the fact that the removal process should be done in an effective, but safe manner. For this, you will have to look for a product that will do the job as fast as possible, without damaging your nails too much.
Among your best choices is an at-home acetone-based formula.
Acetone-based substances are not only great at removing acrylics, but they also work with gel extensions and gel nails. They are very safe to use and will not damage your nails.
So here are the steps you need to follow to ensure the removal of your nails in a safe and effective way:
- The first step in removing your acrylic nails is to get rid of the top layer of nail polish. You will do this with the help of a nail brush. This will give you a clearer idea of what you’re working with.
- Using a cotton ball, you will then move ahead and remove all of the nail polish.
- Nails that are full of acrylic have to be soaked in warm water for roughly 10 minutes before they are loosened up enough to be easy to remove.
- When you see that they are soaked enough, you will go ahead and pry the nails up gently, and then oil them with petroleum jelly. The gel should be left to soak for several minutes and then scrubbed off completely.
Although there are multiple methods by which you can remove your acrylic nails, the quickest way to do this remains the chemical remover.
Depending on the method being used, removing acrylic nails can take more or less, and the process isn’t as cheap as you might think. The cheapest alternative will be to file off the nails.
If you go on the path of soaking off the nails using acetone, then expect a price of $35 to $50, depending on the salon you pick for the job.