Legacy Box Cost
Legacy Box is a company specialized in the digitization of old photos or media files. This company offers a wide variety of packages that let you digitalize a certain number of media items.
From the getgo, we should say that there has always been a problem among the users of Legacy Box regarding the packages and their costs. Plus, they always had problems with properly packaging the box. In this article, we are going to go through all these issues.
How much does a Legacy Box cost?
The amount of money you are going to spend on Legacy Box depends on the package you choose. You can get packages with costs starting at around $35 and going up to $750. In the table below you will find the average cost o some of the most popular Legacy Box packages.
|Legacy box package type||Cost|
|Two items starter pack||$35 to $50|
|Ten items family pack||$150 to $210|
|20 items closet||$275 to $395|
|40 items trunk||$550 to $750|
As you can see, every package contains a different number of items. So, the costs of these packages will be different as well.
You might also like our articles on the cost to become a photographer, the price of a photo kiosk, or the price of the Meijer photo services.
How many items are included into a Starter Pack?
A Starter Legacy Box Pack includes two items and this is the cheapest option offered by this company. However, it is pretty hard to select only two items when it come to digitalizing the old memories. You will have to pay anywhere between $30 and $45 for a Two Items Starter Legacy Box Pack.
Why does the Family Pack cost more than the Starter Pack?
One of the main reasons of the higher price is the number of items included. This pack lets you fill the Legacy Box with ten items. The cost will get higher if you want to digitalize more files.
Expect to pay anywhere between $140 and $190 for a Family Legacy Box Pack, which is five times more than the cost of a Starter Pack.
How many items are included into the Closet Legacy Box package?
The Closet Legacy Box package includes twenty items and you will have to pay for it anywhere between $270 and $360. This is like two Family Packs.
It will be easier for you to convert more old memories into digital media files with this package.
Why is the Trunk Package the largest of all Legacy Box options?
This Legacy Box package is the largest of all packages because it lets you convert more old media files. According to the company, with this package you will be able to transform up to forty files, which is the largest number. You can put up to forty media files, tapes, photos and/or films into a large box.
As would you expect, the costs are the highest, starting at around $520 and going up to $720.
Legacy Box overview
The Legacy Box is a type of gift box, which allows you to transform the old photos and media files into modern media files. The customers put the old tapes, video formats and/or photos into a box and send them to the Legacy headquarters.
Legacy will send you back the box with the digitalized copies and the original files after a certain period of time. So, you will be able to enjoy the old media files in a modern way. Also, the old photos will be transformed into a digital media format.
For the first-timers this entire process may look a little too complicated, but this is not at all. All you will have to do is gather the old files to be converted, pack them and send to the company.
How does Legacy Box work?
With Legacy Box you will be able to convert different media files such as photos, tapes, films, and audio files, regardless of what package you choose.
According to the company, the audio reels and audio cassettes can be converted into digitalized media formats. It can also convert both 8 nm and 16 nm film formats into digital media files.
Legacy Box works to also digitalize the 35 mm slides and photo prints picture formats.
Moreover, with Legacy Box you are able to convert different types of tapes such as Digital 8, VHS, MicroMV, VHS-C, MiniDV, Hi-8, PAL, Video 8, and Betamaxinto digitized media files.
Regarding the formats of the digitized media files, these come in three ways: DVD, Digital cloud and Thumb drive. What format to choose is up to you. Also, you can get your old files in all these three formats, buy you will have to pay double or triple, depending on the number of formats.
To get a better idea about how the Legacy Box works, we are going to present all of the steps of this process.
- Firstly, you will have to choose one of those four packages.
- Choose the way you want to convert your old files.
- Select the items you want to transform.
- Open up the package and read all the instructions.
- Put a barcode on each item.
- If you have extra items, you will get extra barcodes.
- Once you packed your memories, put the legacy box back in the shipping box.
- Drop the legacy box in a UPS location.
- When the company will receive your box, they will start working on it.
- The converting process will take anywhere between 6 and 8 weeks.
- You will get real-time updates in your e-mail.
- In the end, after 6 to 8 weeks, you will receive your converted files and the original copies.
The advantages of Legacy Box
Legacy Box is worth its cost because this is an affordable option to transform your old memories into modern media files. There are some benefits that you need to be aware of.
- There is a large variety of packages you can choose from.
- You will receive the box back after a short processing time.
- The files are hand digitized by professional technicians.
- You are able to select different media files.
- This is an affordable digitizing process.
The disadvantages of Legacy Box
Even though Legacy Box is a good way to preserve old memories and offers many advantages, there are some downgrades as well.
- The processing time is similar for every package.
- Some problems have been reported with digital downloads.
- You have to put some effort into this process.
Legacy Box offers you the possibility to preserve the old memories stored into different formats such as films, tapes, audio files and photos, at an affordable price.
- Shervin Mirhashemi’s Net Worth - June 5, 2023
- How Much Does it Cost to Convert to Judaism? - June 5, 2023
- How Much Does a CTS Certification Cost? - June 5, 2023
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!