Skydiving, a great experience
Are you interested in skydiving but you’re afraid it might cost too much? Although the final price is usually an affordable one, it will depend on multiple factors, like:
- Whether you’re going for a simulated skydive using a vertical wind tunnel or a real outdoor jump;
- Whether or not you’ll be adding any other services to the final cost, like filming, taking, editing or album creation;
- The company or independent instructor you’ll work with;
- The part of the world you live and jump from;
- Whether you use your own equipment or rent everything;
- Whether you’re only interested in jumping once, or you plan to go through a whole program, package or plan;
- Whether you plan to skydive by yourself or attached to an instructor (called in tandem);
- Whether you plan to jump on a weekend or weekday.
If you’re one of the people that have never jumped from a plane before, it might be a great idea to jump in tandem, (with the help of an instructor). This offers you the possibility to jump with no previous training or learning. The instructor will do everything for you. All you have to do is enjoy the experience without the fear that you might have forgotten something.
Are you Looking For a Great Way To Lose Weight While Having Fun? Check Out The Cost Of Kangoo Jumps Class
If you don’t think you’re ready to jump off a plane, but you still want to go through the sensation of flying, then you could try indoor skydiving, through a vertical wind tunnel.
If you feel like skydiving could become a life long hobby, then it might be a better idea to invest in equipment, training, and preparing. It will make skydiving cheaper in time because you won’t have to employ an instructor and rent equipment every time you want to jump.
So depending on these factors, how much will skydiving cost?
- Skydiving with an instructor: $150 to $300 (It will include everything you’ll need to jump, but it might be a good idea to consider a tip for the instructor, but not more than 10-15%).
- Jumping alone, without a trainer: $100 to $150 if you don’t have any equipment and have to rent, or as low as $40 if you have your own equipment and only want to get a plane ride(you won’t be able to jump without the USPA certification and training so be sure you get those first).
- Accelerated Free Fall (AFF) Training package will usually cost about $1,600, but it will include around 10 jumps, equipment, training and plane flights. The AFF will require you to take around 8 hours of training on the ground before actually jumping, so if you’re in a hurry or want just a one time jump, go for the tandem skydiving.
- The cost of indoor skydiving will be around $25 per minute, if not more. This might seem very expensive, but remember that if you’re jumping from 15,000 ft., the free fall will only last around 30 seconds before the parachute is deployed.
Here are a few ways to reduce the final cost of skydiving
- Skydive with your friends. You can usually snatch a discount if you bring more people to jump with you, not only because the instructor gets more clients, but the plane fee will also be split among you.
- As you might already know, the weekend is usually more expensive, because most people work during the week and only have time for fun during the weekend. So it might be a good idea to pick a day closer to the end of the week for the jump.
Do You Want To Learn Become a Pilot? Here’s How Much Will The Lessons Cost
- If you have it, try to bring your own equipment, because this will save you some money. If you don’t have one and only want to jump once, don’t try to buy a new one because the cost of a new parachute kit and the rest of the equipment will cost anywhere between $3,000 and $10,000.
- Everyone knows that some areas are more expensive than the rest. That’s why skydiving in Dubai will probably cost more than closer to your home town. So pick an area where the cost of skydiving is lower. A good tip is to avoid touristic or heavily visited places.
- Always look for promotional offers and discounts.
Should the average working Joe try skydiving?
Although it might seem like an expensive experience, it’s one of the very few ways in which you could experience flying. If you’re an adrenaline lover you should try it once. You won’t regret it and this will surely be a great ask breaker topic at parties.