The Kenwood Country Club has been active since 1928 and is a private club situated in Bethesda, It spreads over more than 100 acres over the rolling countryside, if you were to include its clubhouse along with its amenities and golf course.
How much does a Kenwood Country Club membership cost?
The membership cost at the Kenwood Country Club is anywhere between $20,000 and $67,000 in initiation fees and $260 to $600 in monthly dues. As in the case of other country clubs, the price will depend on the exact membership you pick. The table below breaks down the costs of each membership type as they are written on the official application form that you can find here.
These fees should only be taken as estimates as it isn’t uncommon for country clubs to change the fees throughout the year.
Types of memberships
- Non-Resident – This is a membership option made for people who don’t have a residence inside a 100-mile radius of the club. Members under this membership type, as well as their minor children and spouses, have access to the fitness area, bowling, swimming, and tennis areas, as well as the golf course, upon payment.
- Class “S” – This option will offer you restricted access to the fitness center, bowling area, swimming pools, tennis courts, and golf course, but you will also get unrestricted use of the clubhouse and related facilities. As a primary member, you can add all children under 21 years old and your spouse. All of them will get the same inclusions. Some fees may apply if you want to partake in amenities aside from the clubhouse, that aren’t part of the membership.
- Class “ST” – With this membership class, you will have unrestricted access to the clubhouse, along with the fitness center, bowling, area, swimming pools, and tennis courts. Becoming a primary member under this membership will enable you to add your children under 21 as well as your spouse and all of them will get the same inclusions as you. Even though you will get full golf access included in the features of the membership, you will still have to pay associated green fees.
- Class “W” – These members, if in good standing, will have restricted access to the golf course on weekends, as well as on national holidays. Aside from this, they will have unrestricted access to the fitness center, bowling area, swimming pools, tennis courts, and the clubhouse. They will also be able to add their spouse and any children they have under the age of 21 years old. Added individuals will get the same inclusions as primary members.
- Class “B” – This final membership option enables members to have unrestricted use of the fitness center, bowling area, swimming pools, tennis courts, golf course, and clubhouse. As with most other types of memberships, as a primary member, you will be able to add all of your children under 21 years old, as well as your spouse. All of them will get the same inclusions as you.
Kenwood Golf Club membership overview
Aside from its 18-hole, par 70 USGA-certified golf course, perfect for golfers of all levels, the Kenwood Country Club offers select spa services, a heated indoor pool, a 35,000 square-foot fitness center, an eight-lane bowling alley, four indoor cushioned hard courts, two all-weather hard courts, 13 Har-Tru tennis courts, children’s wading pool, an outdoor diving pool, an Olympic sized swimming pool, and a pro shop.
Your dining options will include the Pool Cafe, the K Wagon, the Cocktail Lounge, the Mixed Grille and Sun Room, and the Terrace Dining Room.
You will also find a guest house adjacent to the clubhouse. It can host a lot of people as it has 42 rooms, all with standard amenities.
What are the extra costs and fees?
Some member classes and guests might have to pay green fees.
You can also get private lessons from renowned LPGA and PGA golf professionals for a fee.
Another fee you should prepare for will go towards weekly programs, clinics, leagues, and tournaments, which are available for golf, bowling, and tennis.
The club holds various social events and youth programs all around the year and these usually come at an additional cost.
You will also have to pay a $150 application fee that is non-refundable.
Important things to consider
If you want to apply for membership, you will have to provide three or more letters of reference. These have to be from currently active members.