The Marbella Country Club is a Mediterranean-styled luxurious retreat used for relaxation and recreation, that is located in the beautiful rolling hills of California, San Juan Capistrano.
How Much Does a Marbella Country Club Membership Cost?
Marbella Country Club Membership costs anywhere between $1,100 and $22,000 in initiation fees, and around $330 to $710 in monthly fees, depending on the type of membership you’re going for.
As this club is private and doesn’t offer public information on its rates, the costs we give in this article were obtained from third-party unconfirmed sources. These rates aren’t guaranteed, as country clubs in general are known to change their pricing quite often.
Although the exact amount is still unknown at this time, there is a mandatory minimum food and beverage spend. Before applying to join this club, ask for a detailed list of fees and expenses you will be faced with from the membership department at the club so that you’re sure that maintaining an active membership status will be within your budget.
|Membership Class||Initiation Fee||Monthly Dues|
The membership options
- Social – Getting a social membership, will enable you to access the club’s pool, clubhouse, fitness center, complimentary fitness classes, and a full calendar of social events.
- Tennis and Sports – Becoming a tennis and sports member will enable you to access the tennis courts, clubhouse, pool, and fitness center. The membership will also offer you eight complimentary golf rounds. Also, you will get six more rounds at the prevailing guest fee for each calendar year. You will only be able to take advantage of these depending on the availability, Tuesday through Thursday.
- Full Golf – If you get a full golf membership, you will be able to use all of the club’s amenities, including dining and social activities, fitness center, and golf, with no limits. According to a flyer we found online, about 50% of this membership is transferable.
- Junior Executive – The junior executive membership is made for people that are between the ages of 22 and 40. It offers several club privileges including discounted monthly fees. This is an offer only valid until the member turns 40. Becoming a junior member will get you clubhouse access as well as access to the pool, fitness center, tennis facilities, practice facility, and golf course. The Junior membership is non-transferable. These members will have the opportunity to upgrade their membership to the Platinum Club.
Marbella Golf Club overview
The golf course you will find inside the Marbella Country Club is an 18-hole, 6,608-yard championship one. It was designed by Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish and it was created from the rolling hills found in San Juan Capistrano.
According to the club’s official description, you will find that the course is quite a challenge, having many elevation levels, waterfalls, lakes, deep roughs, and large bunkers. Younger, less experienced members of the club can participate in golf lessons and take advantage of summer camps and junior golf teams.
This private club has other golf-related amenities aside from the championship golf course. It has putting greens, a chipping area, practice bunkers, and a grass driving range, all of them on-site.
As for the swimming facility, it hosts a toddler pool and a Junior Olympic-sized pool, it hosts swimming lessons, and offers all kinds of other water-related activities. The club has an active junior swim team.
It has a complex tennis facility as well, that is packed with six lighted championship tennis courts. You can participate in tennis lessons, various tennis leagues, programs, and interclub matches where you can show your skills to people from other clubs.
You will also find junior tennis teams, women’s teams, and men’s teams inside the club, ready to accept you.
The clubhouse is 50,000 square feet in size and has a very lovely formal dining room. It also has separate men’s and women’s locker rooms, a great Grill if you’re more into casual dining, two lounges that people say are very comfortable, a pro shop for tennis and golf equipment that is fully stocked, banquet facilities, and several meeting rooms. These can be opened for anything from a small group party to a large celebration like a wedding reception.
The Catalonia Room and Terrace are great event spaces inside the club. They are a combination of a room that opens through a 10-foot French door to the terrace that features a great view over the golf course. The room also has a big fireplace. It is a space that can easily accommodate around 250 guests.
The Banquet Room is very popular among members and can seat around 100 guests. The Board of Governors Room is for more intimate parties, hosting up to 30 guests in a round-table arrangement.
Another unique space spread over multiple levels is the Valencia Terrace, with a seating capability of 200 guests.
Throughout the year, the club offers a full calendar of social and golf events.
What are the extra costs?
Some members say that the food and beverage minimum is around $270 on a quarterly basis, but this is yet to be confirmed.
If you’re bringing guests or you’re a member without the needed privileges, then you might have to pay green fees.
Regardless of your membership, you have the possibility of enrolling in the Platinum Club. This is designed to offer you golf privileges to over 250 courses around the US so that you can satisfy your golf needs wherever you are.
You can also join the National Golf Club program. It gives privileges at 50 premiere private country clubs and 100 resort courses while you’re traveling.
Although the club offers tournaments, camps, clinics, and private lessons, these represent an additional cost to consider.
- How Much Does a Llanerch Country Club Membership Cost? - September 27, 2023
- How Much Does ECM Replacement Cost? - September 27, 2023
- How Much Does a Costco Membership Cost? - September 27, 2023