Here’s a general idea of how much it costs to own a Bugatti Veyron.
The first $2,500,000 (MSRP for a Veyron) you have to pay to Bugatti is just an initial payment of a long list of costs you’ll gather by owning this amazing car. Some owners said they spend around $300,000 a year to maintain this car! So please consider the facts below before you spend your money on a Bugatti.
- Before you even consider getting such a car, you will have to pay a down payment of $350,000, according to the Bugatti
- the average price for a fillup of gas in the US will be around $140. City gas mileage is 8 and the highway isn’t much better at 13. The 1001 horsepower 16.4-liter engine is a thirsty beast and with gas hovering around $5 a gallon and your 26.4-gallon fuel tank, fill-ups alone are around $140.
- $2500 is what one owner reported to spend monthly on the insurance for their Bugatti Veyron.
- $40,000 is what it’s going to cost you just to deliver your Veyron to American shores. Yes, for the price of a 2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe, yours is just delivered.
- if you want to get a Bugatti Veyron through a lease contract, the monthly costs will be of around $24,000, but there are a few caveats. You will have to only lease it for 5 years and you can’t drive more than 2500 miles every year, (around an average of 7 miles per day).
- And upon delivery, there are certain maintenance items you are required under contract to do which includes routine annual maintenance of $20,000, detailing services around $10,000, a wheel, and tire replacement every 10,000 miles with a price tag of $50,000 for a set of tires.
Now you should understand where we got the $300,000 yearly maintenance numbers from. But people considering to buy a Bugatti Veyron in the first place, are the ones that don’t really have a problem with these kinds of sums, anyway.
The world’s most amazing production road car is by far the Bugatti Veyron. It can blow out any competitor, reaching 60 mph the fastest and having the highest top speed.
The original Veyron is known to have 1,001 horsepower, which makes it a great technical achievement on its own. Its engine was made by joining two V8 engines at their crank, creating a super engine with 16 cylinders.
The W16 powerplant displaces 8.0-liters and features ten radiators for everything from the engine cooling systems to the air conditioner.
The standard Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Coupe has a cost of around $2,500,000 and can reach a top speed of 253 mph – and it can maintain the speed for around 12 minutes before all of the fuel will be gone.
The car could hit 60 mph in just 2.5 seconds, 100 mph in 5.5 seconds, and 150 mph in 9.8 seconds. Getting to 200 mph took 18.3 seconds, and 250 mph takes 42.3 seconds.
Should the average working Joe buy a Bugatti?
If you’re working on an average wage, then getting a Bugatti should be the last thing you should think about getting. It’s one of the most expensive cars in the world and will damage your budget permanently if you even get enough money to buy it. You can put it on your Christmas wishlist, though, and give Santa a hard time.