For most, it looks like a luxurious expenditure spending some hundred dollars just for a bean bag. Though, Moon Pods have more to offer than what you were used to getting from other types of chairs or bean bags.
These days you will find holidays sales for moon pod chairs and it will be a great opportunity to purchase a new “source of relaxation”. This chair will provide a floating comfort while preventing you from sinking in it.
In this article we will talk about things you should know when purchasing a Moon Pod chair such as the cost, pros and cons and how you can use it.
How much does a Moon Pod cost?
Compared to the costs of other bean bags, the price of a Moon Pod bean bag is situated on the higher end.
On the official website, the price of the original Moon Pod chair is $399. Though, as a buyer, you should know that they offer 25% off on this article during holidays sales. This means that you will have to pay only $299 and this way you will save $100.
This high cost is justified by the high quality of the materials used. The main focus of the producer was to provide the customer with the best possible grade of comfort while sitting or laying on the Moon Pod chair.
Is it worth the cost?
It all depends on each customer, but if you are on a tight budget and wouldn’t like to spend a large amount of money just for a bean bag, then forget about purchasing this chair.
Though, if you don’t care how much you spend on the things that bring you an oasis of relaxation then go for it. There are some characteristics of the Moon Pod that make it worth every penny:
- you can remove and wash the outside cover;
- it has ergonomic support that provides enough flexibility at the same time;
- this chair supports sitting, lying, and leaning;
- the inside is filled with high-quality custom beads;
- the design is a dual shell membrane.
Moon Pod details
The Moon Pod chair is an improved version of the traditional bean bag chairs and the user can enjoy a floating relation while sitting on them. The neck and the back of the user are comfortably supported by the elastic cover that has high-grade custom beads inside.
The Moon Pod chair is made of two layers, which include the inside cover and the outside cover. The inner cover has high-quality custom beads inside.
Some other characteristics of this chair include:
- the material the inside cover is made of is a mix of polyester and spandex;
- the material the outside cover is made of is a mix of cotton, spandex, and polyester;
- the chair can be filled with either expanded polystyrene beads or high-friction customer EPS.
Additional information about the Moon Pod
The shape of the Moon Pod bean bag chair is oval but it changes when you lie or sit on it. This is like a large couch for an individual of medium size, but it weighs less. There are some more things you need to know before purchasing a Moon Pod bean bag chair:
- it can hold up to 300 pounds;
- its weight is 12 pounds;
- it is suitable for individuals with a height of up to 6 feet and 8 inches;
- you will need a space of 4 square feet for setup;
- you will be able to remove the outside cover;
- the approximate size is 22 inches by 22 inches by 56 inches;
- there are five different colors you can choose from such as Neptune blue, moon indigo, rose quartz, cosmic ash and space gray.
Pros of Moon Pod
As you can see, there are some advantages offered by the Moon Pod bean bags. They are comfortable and provide a floating sensation while not feeling like sinking and this is the most attractive characteristic of this chair.
If you are prepared to pay some hundreds of dollars on this bean bag you should know that you will enjoy some benefits such as:
- the easy cleaning;
- ergonomic support and at the same time flexibility;
- helps to reduce the levels of anxiety and stress;
- it is easy to move around as it is lightweight;
- it provides relaxation while floating;
- the outside cover is elastic and soft at the same time;
- it does a great job in supporting your back and neck;
- it can hold up to 300 pounds.
Cons of Moon Pod
This bean bag chair is a good place to relax if you are a medium-sized person, but if you are taller then you will not get the same comfort. So, there are some cons of this high-quality bean bag chair such as:
- it loses its original shape pretty fast;
- it is not right for taller individuals;
- most of the buyers feel like the extra cost is not justified;
- if you weigh more than 300 pounds you will not get the right support.
However, the producer claims that Moon Pod retains its shape and lasts for a long period of time. Though, most buyers said that because of the daily use it will lose its original shape. Moreover, tall individuals with remain with their legs outside while sitting or lying on this bean bag chair.
Also, as a tall person, you will not get support on your neck and it will result in pain.
Finally, the main disadvantage is the high cost.
How you can use a Moon Pod?
The Moon Pod bean bag chair can be used for three different reasons: sitting, lying, or lounging. But you should know that you have to be a maximum of 6 feet 8 inches tall to get the proper support and relaxation.
There are some other ways you can use a Moon Pod such as:
- you can just lie on it like on a bed and have a short nap;
- you can use it as a support for your back and neck;
- you can just lounge on the Moon Pod and watch TV or play video games.
The Moon Pod return policy
You have days from the delivery date at your disposal 14 to return the product if you are not satisfied with it. If more than 14 days pass, you will not be able to return the product and receive your money back anymore. You will also have to meet some requirements when you want to return this item such as:
- respect the return period of 14 days;
- pack the product in a proper way;
- there should not be any damage outside or inside; you may have to pay some extra money if the product is damaged;
- for restocking, you will be eligible for a certain amount of money.
How you can clean a Moon Pod?
You will be able to always keep the Moon Pod clean as the cover or the outside shell can be removed. You just have to take off the cover and clean it when you notice that is dirty.
You can put it in the washing machine in a cold-water program because the cover is made of high-quality material.
For drying, you can use the tumble-dry on low heat.
Moon Pod FAQs
What is the lifetime of a Moon Pod?
The manufacturer claims that this bean bag chair will last for many years, but you will have to take proper care of it.
What is inside a Moon Pod?
Every Moon Pod has high-friction, custom-made EPS beads inside of it, that offer the same comfort as floatation therapy and at the same time support the neck and the back of the person sitting on the bean bag.
What weight and height restrictions does a Moon Pod have?
According to the producer, the Moon Pod is recommended to individuals who weigh up to 300 pounds and have a height of up to 6 feet 8 inches.
What does Moon Pod look like?
The Moon Pod has an oval shape but it changes when a person lies or sits on it.
If you afford to spend some money on a bean bag chair then the Moon Pod will provide an unimaginable comfort similar to floating therapy.
Moon Pod comes in five different colors.
The outside cover can be removed and washed.
It provides good support for the back and neck.
It is a good place to lay, lounge, or just sit.