Have you ever dreamed of effortlessly soaring through the air like a bird? Or wanted to free fall from the sky like a professional skydiver? At iFLY indoor skydiving locations across the country, you can fulfill your dream of flight and experience the incredible sensation of body flight in a safe, fun environment. If you’re wondering “How much does iFLY cost per person?”, read on to learn everything you need to know to take the indoor skydiving plunge!
Indoor skydiving gives people of all ages and abilities the chance to fly and feel like a superhero. With the help of an instructor, first-time flyers can quickly learn skills in iFLY’s vertical wind tunnel and fly like a pro.
It’s an unforgettable experience that will get your heart pumping with excitement. Here’s a quick overview of what to expect during your iFLY indoor skydiving adventure.
How Much Does iFLY Cost Per Person?
The cost of indoor skydiving varies depending on location and how many flights you want. iFLY offers various packages for first-time flyers, families, youth groups, and experienced skydivers looking to maximize flight time.
The IFLY pricing starts at around $59 for one flight and goes up to $299 for 10 flights. Here are some typical iFLY indoor skydiving package options with pricing:
- First-Time Flyer Package – approx. $59-$79 per person. Includes training, gear rental, 2 flights and certificate
- High Flight Package – approx. $99 per person. Includes training, gear, 2 flights, 18 photos/video and certificate
- Family & Friends Package – approx. $49-$59 per person with 4+ people. Includes training, gear, 2 flights, photos/video & certificate
- Student Flight Pack – approx. $199 for 10 flights. Perfect for middle school field trips or youth groups.
- VIP Experience – approx. $299 per person. Includes training, gear rental, personalized locker, photos, video, 10 flights, certificate, and food voucher
Other iFly Flight Packages
|4 flights (returning customers)
|2 flights (returning customers)
|2 flights for a group of 6+ (first flight)
|5 flights (first timers)
|4 flights (first timers)
|3 flights (first timers)
|2 flights (first timers)
Keep in mind that bulk packages with 10 flights may only be used by one flyer. Private events or parties can also be booked at iFLY locations nationwide complete with catering, reserved flight time, and event hosting.
Atlanta Parent notes that packages at the Atlanta location start at $64.99 per person.
According to Hotels.com, a 2-flight package at the Orlando location costs from $60, while a 4-flight package costs from $100.
IndoorSkydivingSource.com writes that prices for first-time indoor skydiving at various iFLY locations in the US range from $64.99 to $84.99 for a 2-flight package.
While indoor skydiving is an awesome bucket list experience, buying an iFLY package makes the thrill of body flight accessible at a reasonable price. With or without photos and video included, you’re sure to have a blast at iFLY locations across the country starting at around just $59 per flight. It’s one of the most fun and exciting ways to play like a superhero and cross indoor skydiving off your thrill-seeking list!
The Indoor Skydiving Experience and How it Works
Indoor skydiving, also known as body flight, simulated skydiving, or wind tunnel flying, replicates the experience of free-falling from a plane while staying securely inside a vertical wind tunnel. iFLY locations have flight chambers with powerful fans that generate winds up to 175 mph!
The high-speed airflow rushing vertically up through the tunnel lifts you off the ground and into the air, allowing you to float, fly, and soar as if you just jumped out of an airplane.
But unlike real skydiving from thousands of feet up, there’s no parachute required for indoor skydiving. The flight chamber is made of clear acrylic walls so friends and family can watch your flight.
Each iFLY location has an advanced air circulation system that keeps fresh air moving through the flight chamber. Flyers wear a jumpsuit, goggles, and helmet to stay comfortable in the high winds.
The instructor helps stabilize and guide you to make flying easy even for beginners. Indoor skydiving is an extremely safe activity with extensively trained staff, so people of almost all ages and body types can enjoy the thrill of flight.
Who Can Go Indoor Skydiving?
One of the best parts about indoor skydiving is that it’s an experience almost anyone can enjoy. iFLY has flights available for kids as young as 3 years old and does not have an upper age restriction, only health restrictions.
Flyers should be at least 3 feet tall and generally weigh less than 250 pounds. You must be able to raise your arms up over your head and have the body control to maintain an arched belly-to-earth flying position.
People with recent surgery, neck/back injuries, heart conditions, or who are pregnant should avoid flying. All flyers or their legal guardian will need to sign a waiver before their flight.
While indoor skydiving does not require physical fitness or special skills, participants should have enough mobility and stamina to hold themselves in the proper arched flying position and lift their arms and legs against the powerful wind. It’s a thrilling experience suitable for most ages and ability levels when done under the supervision of iFLY’s trained instructors.
What Should I Expect During My iFLY Experience?
Your entire iFLY indoor flight experience lasts approximately an hour from check-in to taking flight photos. Here are all the steps you can expect:
- Check in at the front desk and store your personal belongings in a locker
- Watch a training/safety video
- Get sized up for your flight suit, helmet, goggles, and gear
- Attend a 30-minute training class with an instructor on proper flying form and hand signals used in the wind tunnel
- Fly! Most first-time flyer packages include two 60-second flights
- Change out of your flight gear and have time after your flight to view photos and videos captured during your skydive
The highlight is of course your time spent flying in the wind tunnel. During your flight, an instructor will be inside the tunnel with you to provide support, stabilize your flying positions, and make sure you’re safe.
Most first-timers will fly in a belly-to-earth skydiving position, but you can try out fun tricks or flips once you get the hang of it. The instructor guides you by gesturing which way to turn and move in the powerful airstream whipping past you.
Just a slight shift in body position will send you soaring up, down, forwards, or backwards! It’s an incredible feeling that leaves you grinning ear to ear. Each flight lasts 60 seconds, but it feels like time slows down when you’re completely weightless in the air.
What Are the Requirements to Fly at iFLY?
To enjoy the thrill of indoor skydiving, there are a few basic requirements flyers must meet for safety reasons:
- Flyers must be at least 3 years old and weigh less than 250 pounds
- Flyers between 3-7 years old must purchase a flight package and fly with an instructor
- Minors under 18 years old will need a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian
- Flyers must be able to raise their arms over their head and hold a basic arched flying position
- Expectant mothers past the first trimester may not fly
- Flyers must attend the required training class before their flight
- No alcohol or intoxicating substances before flying
- Remove all loose articles and jewelry before flight
- Wear suitable undergarments – avoid dresses, shorts or clothes with holes
- Athletic shoes must be worn
As long as you meet these basic safety criteria, almost anyone can experience the fun of indoor skydiving! It’s a safe activity with an excellent safety record, thanks to iFLY’s intensive training protocols.
What Else Should I Know Before My Visit to iFLY?
Here are a few final tips to make the most of your indoor skydiving experience at iFLY:
- Book your flights online in advance since sessions fill up quickly, especially on weekends
- Arrive 20-30 minutes before your scheduled flight time
- No loose clothing, jewelry or accessories should be worn during your flight
- Consider buying the High Flight photo/video package to memorialize your skydive
- Listen closely to the instructor during your training session for flying tips
- Relax and have fun! The instructor will keep you safe and stable in the air
- Alert the instructor if you feel uneasy or want to end the flight early
Flying on a cushion of air in the vertical wind tunnel will be unlike anything you’ve tried. Within seconds, you’ll feel the dream of flight come true as you effortlessly soar and dive like a bird.
Indoor skydiving with iFLY is a safe, affordable, and extremely fun experience for thrill-seekers of all ages. Don’t miss your chance to defy gravity and fly during your next visit to an iFLY indoor skydiving location!
Ready to Defy Gravity with iFLY? Useful Links to Start Your Adventure:
- iFLY Website – Learn more about locations, packages, and book flights
- First-Time Flyers – What to expect for beginners
- Pricing & Packages – Review flight options and pricing