Wooden Furniture Restoration Cost
For many of the objects that tangle you today, that has become useless, that you no longer know in which corner of the house, garage or balcony to store, you might reconsider throwing them and give them a new life. You need little effort, some time, a little more skill, but in the end, it will be worth the effort to enjoy the results of a work that is not so heavy.
The average price to restore a piece of furniture is about $580.
The low cost you can expect to pay for furniture restoration is $205.
Most homeowners spend between $300 and $900 to restore parts of their furniture.
As a high cost expect to pay from $1,400 (if you do it yourself), and up to $3,000, and maybe more.
If you do it yourself you might need a toolbox with:
• emery – from a 40-60 grain for rough grinding, an 80-180 grain for an ultimate touch up and preparation before painting, a 320-600 grain for painted and varnished surfaces.
• hand tools, hammer, chisel, pliers, nails and wood screws, hand saws, screwdrivers and drills, vibrating grinder.
• wood glue – the aracet is the best for hardware, while in the industry the urelitul is used (not recommended to be used at home)
• pieces of wood of different wood species and sizes, veneer, blind (3-5 mm ) – you can buy them from the specialized hardware hypermarkets, they have a rich offer.
• Solutions for the ultimate touch: oil paint, varnish, wood stain, wood putty.
Looking For A Way To Restore Your Chairs? Check Out How Much Does It Cost To Reupholster A Chair
Most of the companies will charge you between $50 and $75 per hour for labor. Costs for the material you need rarely rise above $100 for new varnish and chemicals. The cost of furniture restoration varies widely from piece to piece.
Depending on the extent of damage, like how many broken or cracked pieces have to be replaced, how big are the parts for fixing the peeling veneer or paint, how many stains have to be removed, and so on, the furniture restoration will have a higher cost.
Another aspect that may influence the price is the size of the furniture because it will take longer and it also requires more materials to restore a bigger piece of furniture.
The age of the furniture is also important because more care is needed if it’s an antique. In some cases, expertise will be needed with antiques because it needs special equipment to handle it. So you have to take into account that it might cost you some extra money.
Couch Restoration Has Different Prices, Check Them Out Here!
The current trend focuses on color restoration, so in the meaning of color retouch, search for new ideas in the oil paint store. This enables a wide range of colors, and for those with aesthetic sense and courage, you can try to paint on the first layer of paint different patterns. Repetitive patterns, simple, flowers, bushes, butterflies are easy to achieve, especially if you do a template before.
Don’t fear, dare vivid, powerful, innovate, imagine, have fun. Eventually, they were supposed to be thrown, right?
Should the average working Joe restore old furniture pieces?
Restoring your old furniture is cheaper than buying new pieces, which is a plus, especially for people that care about their budget. Another positive aspect is the fact that it will be pretty hard to find new furniture that looks like the one you’re used to, so sometimes it will be the only chance to have the same type of furniture for your house.
- Milano’s Menu Prices - June 4, 2023
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a Salt Cave? - June 3, 2023
- How Much Does an AFC Fitness Membership Cost? - June 2, 2023
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!