With their exciting open-air cockpit and unique three-wheeled design, Polaris Slingshots deliver an incredible driving experience. But should you buy or rent a Slingshot? Renting lets you take one for a thrill ride without the long-term commitment. Here we’ll cover everything you need to know about renting a Slingshot for the adventure of a lifetime!
Polaris Slingshots turn heads wherever they go. Part sports car, part motorcycle, these three-wheeled “reverse trikes” offer unmatched excitement from their open-air cockpit and responsive handling. Renting a Slingshot gives you all the thrills without the high purchase price.
In this guide, we’ll overview how Slingshot rentals work, where to find rentals, pricing, models available, and what to expect from the Slingshot rental experience. With some expert tips, you’ll be ready to hit the road in a rented Slingshot for the joyride of your dreams!
How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Slingshot?
The cost to rent a Slingshot is around $200-$250 per day depending on the length of the rental, whether you’re getting it on a weekday or during the weekend, your geographical location, and other factors. Here are some typical Slingshot rental costs:
- Weekday (Mon-Thurs) – Around $200/day
- Weekend day (Fri-Sun) – Around $250/day
- Weekly rental (5-7 days) – $1,000-$1,400 total
- Monthly rental (28-30 days) – $4,000-$5,000 total
Keep in mind rates may be higher in some regions like Florida, California, or Texas where Slingshots are most popular. But this gives a general idea of standard Slingshot rental pricing.
If you just want to enjoy your Slingshot on a quick spin, some companies offer 2 or 4 hour rentals for $100-$150. The longer you rent, the lower the per-day rate.
Adventure Pro Outdoors, for example, offers slingshot rental rates of $269 for 2 hours, $369 for 4 hours, $469 for 6 hours, and $569 for 8 hours. The rental price is subject to a 7.25% Ohio Sales Tax and a 6% processing fee for booking online.
Top Off Rides provides affordable Polaris Slingshot rental prices starting as low as $25.00 for 1 hour, with a price match guarantee.
RevRide Nashville offers slingshot rental rates of $145 for a 2-hour joy ride and $195 for a half day (4 hours).
Slingshot Rental Insurance Requirements
Reputable rental providers like Cloud of Goods include liability insurance coverage in their rental pricing. This covers damage to the Slingshot itself.
But you will need to provide proof of personal injury/medical coverage separately in case you or a passenger were to get injured. This is usually available through your auto policy or travel insurance. Consult the slingshot rental company for their specific insurance requirements.
Some tips for renting a Slingshot:
- Reserve well in advance for popular weekends or events when availability is limited.
- Opt for weekday rentals for the lowest rates.
- Read rental agreements carefully to understand all rules, regulations, and your responsibilities.
- Plan scenic routes and stops to enjoy your special ride to the fullest!
What is a Polaris Slingshot?
The Polaris Slingshot is a three-wheeled motorcycle manufactured by Polaris. Originally released in 2014, it comes in several trim options:
- The standard Slingshot offers a 5-speed manual transmission and rear-wheel drive.
- The Slingshot SL model adds amenities like a backup camera, touchscreen display, and automated manual transmission.
- Special editions like the Slingshot R offer upgraded styling and performance upgrades.
With its upright seating for two, side-by-side bucket seats, and lack of airbags or doors, the Slingshot delivers an amazing open-air driving sensation. Its light weight (around 1,700 lbs) and 173 HP engine provide go-kart-like handling and performance for maximum fun on the road.
Why Rent a Slingshot?
Renting a Slingshot offers several advantages over buying:
- Try before you buy – Test out a Slingshot to see if you love the experience before purchasing.
- Affordability – Renting costs a fraction of buying a Slingshot, which starts around $20,000.
- Convenience – Avoid maintenance, storage, licensing, and ownership costs and hassles.
- Flexibility – Rent for just a day or weekend without long-term commitments.
- Special events – Rent to enjoy a unique ride for your wedding or a resort vacation.
Renting lets you sample the Slingshot on your own terms. Now let’s look at how to find Slingshot rentals.
Where to Rent a Slingshot
You have a few options for booking a Slingshot rental:
- Peer-to-peer networks like Turo allow individuals to rent out their personal Slingshots to others. Prices and vehicle conditions vary widely.
- Local Slingshot dealers in areas like California, Florida and Texas often offer rental fleets. Call dealerships in your area to check availability.
- National rental companies like Cloud of Goods provide Slingshot rentals through partnerships in many locations. These offer consistent pricing and newer models.
For the best condition and rental experience, we recommend reserving through a dedicated rental company rather than peer-to-peer. Let’s look at what to expect when renting a Slingshot.
What to Expect When Renting a Slingshot
The rental process through a company like Cloud of Goods is easy:
- Choose your rental dates, location, and Slingshot model online.
- Pay a portion of the rental fee as a deposit to book.
- A Cloud partner delivers the Slingshot to you on your rental start date, completes paperwork, and provides an orientation.
- You’re now ready to hit the road in your rented Slingshot for cruising backroads, beachfront joyrides, exploring new cities, and more!
- At the end of your rental, the partner returns to pick up the Slingshot.
It’s the ideal way to experience these exciting vehicles without ownership hassles. Now let’s look at typical rental costs.
Polaris Slingshot Rental Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about renting Polaris Slingshots:
How old do I need to be to rent a Slingshot?
Most rental companies require renters to be at least 25 years old with a valid driver’s license. Some may allow younger drivers for an added fee.
Can I rent a 4-seater Slingshot?
No, Polaris Slingshots only come in 2-seater models. So rentals are also just for two passengers.
Are helmets included with Slingshot rentals?
Helmets are not typically included, but many rental companies offer them for an additional fee. Verify ahead of time and consider bringing your own helmets.
What payments do rental companies accept?
Most accept major credit cards for deposits/payments. Some may accept debit cards and cash as well.
Do I need a motorcycle license to rent a Slingshot?
In most states, you can rent a Slingshot with a normal driver’s license. Some may require a motorcycle license, so verify ahead of time.
What is the cancellation/refund policy for Slingshot rentals?
Policies vary, but expect at least a 50% cancellation fee within 7-14 days of rental. No refunds for cancellations within 24-48 hours typically.
Renting a Polaris Slingshot delivers unmatched excitement. Follow this guide to find rentals, understand costs and insurance needs, and plan the route for an epic adventure! The unforgettable Slingshot rental experience awaits.