The Medinah Country Club is a five-star, private country club located in the heart of Illinois and 25 miles west of Chicago. The Platinum Club designation means that this exclusive golf club ranks among the best in all America with no less than four stars for every category: dining, service, accommodations, or facilities rating.
How much does a Medinah Country Club membership cost?
You can’t just join this club. You need to be invited by one of the members, and if you do get an invitation, you have to know that your membership, like all others, will be non-equity. You wonțt find the prices of the memberships on their official website, but ChicagoBusiness notes that memberships cost as much as $85,000.There is a monthly fee depending on what type of membership options discussed further down inside the article ($600-$1,000+ per month).
One GolfWRX.com forum member asked people what they think of this country club, and noted that initiation fees may start at $65,000 for younger memberships but only requiring a deposit of around $10,000 at sign up. The remaining payments will be split over a few years after signing. The monthly junior membership fee is around $600, while the regular membership will cost you $1,000 or even more each month.
The country club offers a diverse range of membership plans, each with its own inclusions and extras:
Regular membership: This particular membership option offers unlimited access not only to all 3 of the championship golf courses but also Clubhouse amenities like dining options and swimming pools or the Lodge.
Social membership: The Social membership option is a perfect fit for those looking to meet new people. Not only do you have full access to Clubhouse amenities, including the dining options and golf course as a guest four times per year, but also to other members in your age range that are interested in socializing with like-minded individuals of the same age. This way you’ll avoid any awkward moments during conversations where one person has plenty of life experience while the other doesn’t.
Associate membership: The four age categories allow people to golf all day at any time in the Associate membership. This is perfect for individuals who want access to unlimited courses and amenities. The four different age categories are 21-25, 26-29, 30-34, and 35+.
National membership: You can become a National member if you live at least 125 miles away from the Club; this will give you full access to amenities at the Clubhouse and 12 rounds of golf per year.
International membership: International membership is a great option for those that live outside of the United States. With this type of subscription, you get access to all Clubhouse amenities and play 12 rounds of golf at the course of your choice every year.
You will find three golf courses:
- Course #1 (6,895 yards / Par 71)
- Course #2 (6,412 yards / Par 72)
- Course #3 (7,657 yards / Par 72)
You will also have access to:
- Locker room facilities
- Skeet and trap shooting area
- Swimming pool area
- Four Har-Tru tennis courts and four platform tennis courts
- Six dining options, including the popular Oasis and Club Dining Room
- 120,000 square foot Clubhouse
- Driving range, a short game area, and two practice putting greens
- 5,000 square foot Golf Learning Center that offers club fitting services, golf simulators, three practice bays, a trackman, and fitness bay
- 3,000 square foot Pro Golf Shop
- Programs and activities, including golf lessons, golf leagues, golf clinics, skeet/trap shooting instruction, swim/golf/tennis programs, and a swim/dive team
- Club storage options
The source: The amenities at Medina HCC are listed on the official website. There is a detailed description of everything from access to food, facilities, and more.
Important things to remember
The country club, in the past, has played host to some of the most prestigious tournaments; U.S Open and Senior Opens among others–but its classic 1925 course was restored by June 2017 with a focus on restoring original strategy and look, as they put it.
- How Much Does SSSniperWolf Cost – SSSniperWolf’s Net Worth - October 2, 2022
- The Cost of an Appendectomy - October 1, 2022
- Stress Test with Echo Cost - September 30, 2022